The Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) is a professional association of more than 38,000 general dentists dedicated to providing quality dental care and oral health education to the public. AGD members stay up-to-date in their profession through a commitment to continuing education. Founded in 1952, the AGD is the second largest dental association in the United States, and it is the only association that exclusively represents the needs and interests of general dentists. A general dentist is the primary care provider for patients of all ages and is responsible for the diagnosis, treatment, management, and overall coordination of services related to patients’ oral health needs.
Dental Students Can Become AGD Members for Free
AGD benefits include:
- Annual continuing education meetings
- Updates on news, issues, and trends in General Dentistry
- Acclaimed Mastership Program
- Valuable leadership opportunities
- Networking opportunities with colleagues